|Airdate:||15 March 2000|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Rock Bottom is an episode from Season 1.
SpongeBob and Patrick board a bus to get home from Glove World, a glove-themed amusement park, they have apparently gotten on the wrong one and head off a large cliff. The cliff leads to a sort of aphotic zone called Rock Bottom, inhabited by anglerfish-like creatures. Patrick gets on a bus home but accidentally leaves SpongeBob behind. After several unsuccessful attempts to get on the bus, he heads to the bus station and gets in a very long line. By the time he gets to the front, he finds out that the last bus to leave for the night is already gone, and he's stuck there until morning. He gets scared by a raspberry sound coming from nowhere, and he dashes back to the cliff. The raspberry sound's maker reveals himself to be a friendly-looking anglerfish creature, which has SpongeBob's balloon from Glove World. The creature blows up the balloon, ties it to SpongeBob's wrist, and allows him to float up the cliff and back to Bikini Bottom. Unfortunately, Patrick thinks SpongeBob is still in Rock Bottom and goes back; causing bad luck for Patrick!
- When SpongeBob looks at the vending machine, it is facing him. But when he is choosing the candy he wants, it is facing the opposite side of the road that is at a 90 degree angle.
- When SpongeBob is yelling at the man at the bus station, a sign that reads "Information" can be seen above the window. But, when the lights shut off, the sign disappears.
- This is the first of two episodes SpongeBob’s grandfather has been mentioned. The other is the episode The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- When SpongeBob is getting his Kelp Bar from the machine, when he chases the bus, he goes right through it.
- The person that worked at the bus station is the same person who came out of the men's bathroom and stole SpongeBob's Kelp Bar.
- This is the first pair episode not to feature Squidward.
- When SpongeBob says, "Another funtastic day at glove world.", his mouth closes on the words "Glove World". In the next shot, when SpongeBob and Patrick are about to get on the bus, you'll see that SpongeBob's right arm is gone but immediately returns.
- In SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge for GBA and PS, Chapter 4 takes place in Rock Bottom.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|