These are characters from SpongeBob SquarePants. All of them have at least been in 1 episode. Not every single character is included because more articles are in the making.
|age||Unknown (people consider him as a kid)|
|Address:||124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Color:||Yellow with green holes|
|Height:||4'0 (4 inches)|
|Interests:||Karate, Bubble Blowing, Flipping Patties, Music, Dancing and Jellyfishing and Sandy|
|Awards:||Hundreds of Awards and 74 Good Noodle Stars|
|Voiced By||Tom Kenny|
Appearance and characteristics Edit
SpongeBob is a porous, yellow sponge with square pants, hence the name SpongeBob SquarePants. He has large blue eyes, each with three eyelashes, and two prominent front teeth. He also has three freckles on each cheek and dimples. He wears a white shirt with a red tie, brown trousers held up by a black belt and black shoes. He usually replaces the red tie for a bow tie for special occasions. SpongeBob has a very distinctive and high-pitched laugh.
SpongeBob is a sea sponge, like his parents, but he is drawn to resemble a kitchen sponge. It is said that this because Hillenburg found this design to be more amusing. Although in several episodes he is shown to have a spine, he is extremely flexible and can bend in all directions. He can also absorb large amounts of water due to his porous body.
SpongeBob was based on Hillenburg's first sponge kid, Bob the Sponge, who was the main star of the comic The Intertidal Zone. Bob the Sponge looked round, wears sunglasses,and looked extremely different from SpongeBob. Hillenburg shows the true birth of SpongeBob in an audio commentary special feature in Disc 3 in the SpongeBob SquarePants The Complete 1st Season Box Set. Also, the Intertidal Zone was starred with Rocky the Shrimp. Hillenburg reveals the creation of SpongeBob.
Character info Edit
SpongeBob was born on July 14, 1986. Age 30. He is talkative and cheery, but good-natured and always happy to help anyone. He is kind to everyone but is determined to be friends with those around him. When it comes to doing a job SpongeBob completes it but sometimes a bit to the best of his ability, and gets extremely upset with himself if he fails to do something right. He is generally a bit of happy-go-lucky character and is a bit friendly to everyone. He is 32 years old which makes him a young adult but he and Patrick still show immaturity of young boys.
SpongeBob lives in a Pineapple House in the town of Bikini Bottom, with his pet snail Gary. Next-door to him is Squidward Tentacles, who lives in an Easter Island head house. SpongeBob considers him very close friend, although this isn't mutual. Next-door to Squidward is Patrick Star, SpongeBob's very best friend, who lives under a rock.
SpongeBob and Patrick have many hobbies. They both like Goofy Goober and spend a lot of time at Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat. SpongeBob and Patrick are both very immature adults, as they enjoy activities that are generally favored by children. As a result, Squidward has a strong dislike for both of them, as he considers himself more sophisticated and mature. SpongeBob sees Squidward as one of his closest friends, despite the fact that Squidward obviously does not share the feeling. This means that Squidward usually bears the brunt of SpongeBob's characteristics and actions, and is particularly annoyed by SpongeBob's laugh. Another very close friend of SpongeBob's is Sandy Cheeks. They both share a love of Karate, and are often shown trying to better each other by performing various moves. Squidward actually likes SpongeBob in some episodes and SpongeBob is delighted.
SpongeBob is said to be an adult, but he has a very childlike manner he is not ashamed to enjoy things generally associated with younger children, such as cartoons and homemade cookies. He is not good at discerning sarcasm from sincerity, and, at times, is very literal-minded, which can lead to disaster for those around him. Despite these traits, his lightweight appearance, and his lack of physical strength, SpongeBob considers himself very mature, and has attempted – and failed – to prove his "manliness" on many occasions.
SpongeBob has a career as a fry cook at the Krusty Krab restaurant. In spite of his meager salary (he once claimed that he is forced to pay his own boss) and the restaurant's poor working conditions, he is very proud of his trade. He is highly skilled at his job, and has won the Employee of the Month award hundreds of times. SpongeBob is always determined to please his boss, Eugene H. Krabs, who sometimes grows weary of SpongeBob's continuous enthusiasm. However, he is favored by Mr Krabs, because he is hard-working, and very good at his job guaranteeing Mr Krabs' high income.
A running gag in the series is that SpongeBob is incapable of getting his driving license. He has attended Mrs. Puff's boating school for many years, and each year manages to fail his driving test. SpongeBob attributes this to nervousness behind the wheel; despite knowing how to drive, he loses his composure when driving, often ending in a car accident.
It is also revealed in the episodes Big Pink Loser and New Student Starfish that SpongeBob is a very well behaved person and in the episode Big Pink Loser, he has won hundreds awards for being excellent in excellence. In the episode New Student Starfish, SpongeBob has 74 good noodles stars. He also uses Sponge Gloss in the episode Picture Day, which looks like a girly bottle of lip-gloss. He once even became "normal" in the episode Not Normal by watching a documentation explaining who to be normal.
Because SpongeBob is a Sponge, he can absorb or deflect many things. SpongeBob can absorb things like punches or blows, but even SpongeBob has weaknesses:
- Dehydration, (in the episodes and movies Tea at the Treedome, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Squirrel Jokes and Yours, Mine and Mine)
- Pepper Spray (No Free Rides)
- Going into a Perfume Department (Shanghaied)
- Educational Television (No Free Rides)
SpongeBob has many relatives that have looks of sea sponges and sink sponges.
Sea sponges look like round cookies and sink sponges look like the washing sponge material in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Uncle Sherm SquarePants
- Grandma SquarePants
- Grandpa SquarePants
- Mother SquarePants
- Father SquarePants
- Uncle Cap'n Blue SquarePants
- Cousin Todd SquarePants
- Cousin BlackJack SquarePants
- Cousin Stanley S. SquarePants
- Primate Sponge (ancestor)
- SpongeGar (ancestor)
Among his favorite activities besides the one Bubble Blowing and the art Karate also Jellyfishing. In the episode: I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, SpongeBob and Patrick went to the Bi-Annual Jellyfish Convention and saw many of their favourite jellyfish enthusiasts, such as Kevin the Sea Cucumber. He is a member of the Club of Jellyspotters and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Fanclub. They love Jellyfishing so much, SpongeBob, Together with Patrick, he founded the Club SpongeBob with the leader, the Magic Conch Shell, in which both disguised with words communicate, and the Royal Club of good-neighborly Lodge. As said earlier, SpongeBob and Patrick love the Goofy Goober restaurant and they also enjoy watching The New Adventures Of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy on TV. He is also interested in Squidward's shirt as seen in: The Paper. SpongeBob appears to like rock music, as he sang "Ripped pants" in the episode (Vocals & Guitar). In the SpongeBob movie he sang "Goofy goober rock" to destroy bucket-heads. In Lights, Camera, Pants! SpongeBob plays guitar and has a rock portion in "Atlantis SquarePantis" . He sings "Sweet Victory" in band geeks, he sings "Oh Baby" when he killed all of the scallops and saved Patty and was the vocals & acoustic guitar in the campfire song song.
The creators of SpongeBob SquarePants have been attacked by some evangelical groups in the US because they see the character SpongeBob as homosexual, ever since the episode Rock-a-Bye-Bivalve, in which Patrick and SpongeBob were parenting a baby scallop.
James Dobson of Focus on the Family accused the makers of a video in which SpongeBob appears with other cartoon characters meant to promote diversity and tolerance as promoting homosexuality. Creator of the character, Stephen Hillenburg, has denied that SpongeBob is gay and has said that he in fact thinks of him as asexual.
Dobson later clarified his comments by saying his original complaints were not with the video, but with the We Are Family Foundation, who he says make available pro-homosexual material on their website. After the controversy, John H. Thomas, the United Church of Christ's general minister and president said they would welcome SpongeBob into their ministry. He said, "Jesus didn't turn people away. Neither do we." What people do not understand is that it is a joke which kids do not understand so the issue should not be identified as inappropriate.
SpongeBob's original name is SpongeBoy, but that name was already copyrighted,
But Hillenburg referenced it once, when Mr. Krabs said "SpongeBoy me Bob!". It is copyrighted in The Flaming Carrot.
In Other LanguagesEdit
While the origins are unclear, these are foreign variants of the name Spongebob:
- باب اسفنجی (Bab Esfanji) (Persian)
- Sünger Bob (Turkish)
- Спондж Боб (Spondzh Bob) (Bulgarian)
- SpužvaBob Skockani (Croatian)
- SvampeBob Firkant (Danish)
- Μπομπ Σφουγγαράκης Τετραγωνοπαντελονής (Mpomp Spoungarakes Tetragonopantelones) (Greek)
- Bob Esponja (Spanish)
- SpongaBobo (Esperanto)
- Bob l'éponge (Bob the Sponge) (French)
- 네모네모 스펀지 송 (Ne-mo Ne-mo Seupeonji Song) (old Korean)
- 스폰지밥 네모바지 (new Korean)
- Svampur Sveinsson (Icelandic)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (about five other countries use this!)
- スポンジ・ボブ (SuponjiBobu) (Japanese)
- SvampeBob Firkant (Norwegian)
- SpongeBob Kanciastoporty (Polish)
- Bob Esponja Calça Quadrada (Portuguese)
- Губка Боб Квадратные Штаны (Gubka Bob Kvadratnye Shtany) or simply "Спанч Боб" (Russian)
- Paavo Pesusieni (Finnish)
- Spuži Kvadratnik (Slovene)
- SvampBob Fyrkant (Swedish)
- 海綿寶寶 (Haimian Baobao) (Mandarin)
- BobSfoge Michnas Meruba (Hebrew)
- SpongeBob SchwammKopf (German)
- "I'm ready!" (catchphrase, many episodes)
- "Good morning world and all who inhabit it!" (Missing Identity)
- "Order up!" (any time at work, except Gone)
- "Oops, I guess I ripped my pants again!" (Ripped Pants)
- "Imaaaaaaaginaaaaaaation!" (Idiot Box)
- "Holy Krabby Patties!" (SB-129)
- "Now it's time to bring it around town!" (Bubblestand)
- "(says and does something) At night!" (Graveyard Shift)
- "Another day, another dollar/nickel!"
- "Thank you Bikini Bottom!!"
- "You'll never guess what I found in my sock this morning! Go ahead, guess!"
- "Goodnight, Gary."
- "Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
- "I'm ugly." (Something Smells)
- "Sandy, you may not have noticed, but I is one hundred percent m-male."
- "What could be better than serving up smiles?"
- "Barnacles; Dirty barnacles"
- "It was his hat Mr. Krabs! He was number one!"
- "A rolling sponge gathers no barnacles."
- "This was all because of me" (The Clash of Triton)
|Eugene Harold Krabs|
|Born:||November 30, 1942 (age 76)|
|Credit Card||Mastercarp 00012387 - Mr. Eugene Krabs (I don't know why we need to know that)|
|Interests:||Making money, clam fishing|
Eugene Harold Krabs, better known as simply Mr. Krabs, is the penny-pinching owner and founder of the Krusty Krab, a fast food restaurant in Bikini Bottom. In his childhood, he formed a friendship with Sheldon J. Plankton which eventually turned into a bitter rivalry. He is the fourth main character of the show. Eugene lives with only Pearl, suggesting that he may be separated or divorced. It is more likely that Krabs is divorced, because he has a long-standing relationship with Mrs. Puff that begins in Krusty Love.
Eugene H. Krabs was born November 30, 1942. 1 year and a month before Plankton, and is the son of Mama Krabs and Victor Krabs, and grandson of Grandpa Redbeard Krabs. When Mr. Krabs and Plankton were in Poisedon Elementary, Mr. Krabs was teased because of his clothes were made out of the dumpster. After meeting a wealthy man, Stinky, they decided to open their own restaurant in the dump. But after Plankton gets a piece of the formula of their own, so some ingredients collapse and make the most Tastiest Patty in the Sea, calling it the "Krabby Patty". Eugene succeeds indeed, making Plankton jealous wanting to steal the formula. (As learned in Friend or Foe? (Special from Season 5))
Mrs. Puff is Mr. Krabs' love interest, starting in Krusty Love. In the season 10 episode Whirly Brains, they go on a date and Mr. Krabs reveals they have been dating for sixteen years. He also has a great love for money.
- Clancy Brown - Mr. Krabs speaking voice.
- Dee Bradley Baker - Mr. Krabs singing voice.
- Joe Whyte - Video Games (Operation Krabby Patty, SuperSponge and Battle of Bikini Bottom).
Sheldon J. Plankton, born on the same day as Krabs, was his best friend from birth. While at the carnival, Mr. Krabs was amazed at a penny he found, when Plankton told him all about money. In the episode "My Pretty Seahorse (Episode from Season 3)," Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob of a story about his father giving him a dollar at the age of five years old. He recalls that he loved that dollar; however, he spent it on a soda, one hot day at the beach.
Rivalry with his ClassEdit
Because of his family's poverty, Krabs was teased at Poseidon Elementary School, where Plankton was his only friend. The only place to get a burger in Bikini Bottom was Stinky Burger, which was owned by a wealthy citizen, Stinky. Once, Krabs and Plankton wanted to get a burger there, but Stinky didn't like them hanging around his restaurant. After seeing Stinky's wealth, this inspired Krabs and Plankton to create their own burger. When they finally completed it, no one was around to buy it. Upon seeing Old Man Jenkins there, he was the first to try the "Plabs burger". However, the burger was contaminated and Jenkins passed out. This caused Plankton and Krabs to argue about the burger. Plankton attempted to steal the formula, which ripped in half. Plankton took their burger batch and decided to go into business alone. A shelf in their dump restaurant collapsed, which combined certain ingredients together to form a perfect burger batch. Both Plankton and Krabs attempted to sell their separate creations separately, where only Krabs succeeded. Since the recipe is said to be an old Krabs family recipe, Mr. Krabs' accidental recipe for a burger patty combined with his family's secret sauce. This lead Mr. Krabs to start a business which lead his family out of poverty. Mr. Krabs and his family lived in a pink house where Betsy Krabs, his mom, continues to live now. Mr. Krabs room is still filled with his old toys.
Eugene H. Krabs has always been a penny-pinching financial genius, and has always been obsessed with money. He once sold SpongeBob to the Flying Dutchman for 62 cents. He gives his employees a bill, instead of a paycheck, because they kept goofing off on the job, participating in activies such as breathing, standing, or tying ones shoe. He also attempted to retrieve a dollar, or the fragments of it, after it had been put through a blender. In Welcome to the Chum Bucket, he had a good singing voice. Mr. Krab's nose is also very sensitive and can smell up to anything that he detests. According to Hooky, he can smell 30,000 miles of laziness. Also, he has made the Krusty Krab's employee law that no one should take a break at the Krusty Krab up to 3 generations. Mr. Krabs also has no life insurance, car insurance, or hospital insurance as revealed in The Lost Mattress because he's a very, very greedy and cheap man who never likes to spend his money. He doesn't have a bank account either, but has a credit card from Master Carp.
Mr. Krabs' career began after a war, when he was secluded in a deep depression that seemed endless. He bought a pirate ship and became a pirate, like his grandfather, but then sold his ship and bought a local bankrupt retirement home, "The Rusty Krab," which he decided to turn into a restaurant. He went into business selling his family's Krabby Patty burger. It was revealed to be a family secret in "Dunces and Dragons", and it was King Krabs who named the burger, back in the Middle Ages. In 2004, a chum famine wiped out all of the chum crops, causing Krabs to give no breaks to his employees.
The Krusty Krab has come close to going out of business due to such rival restaurants as the aforementioned Chum Bucket, Pretty Patty stand, Krabby O'Mondays, and KelpShake, just to name a few. The building is also in serious disrepair, as its walls frequently ooze green slime, and it has seriously faulty electrical wiring. Mr. Krabs' idea of maintenance is to simply place giant bandages on cracks in the walls, which obviously is inadequate. Also, in one episode, only half of the Krusty Krab is lit and other is in the dark (Krab's reason was that he shouldn't need to light the entire "store").
An Olympics-type sporting event that was started about 1985, called The Fry Cook Games, runs every year. Krabs and Plankton compete in the games, in which Krabs hopes to glorify his restaurant. Mr. Krabs won gold one year for a challenge by lifting a pickles-dumbell, however lost to Plankton in the Onion-Ring Routine.
In the Movie, Mr. Krabs opened The Krusty Krab 2, right next to the original burger stand, where Squidward is chosen to be the manager (much to SpongeBob's dismay)... that is until the end of the movie, where SpongeBob becomes its manager.
Krabs sometimes identifies himself as a sailor, most likely because he did serve in the Navy at one point and he's from a pirate dynasty. The Navy was where he earned the tough manly nickname "Armor Abs Krabs". During his service, he was the chief janitor on the S.S. Gourmet and "head chef" on the S.S. Diarrhea. Sometimes when he appears onscreen, sailor's music is played; Krabs uses sea-faring vocabulary; he calls his staff his 'crew', and the disagreement as 'mutiny', while his laugh is also appropriate ('Ar 'ar 'ar 'ar 'ar'). That's maybe why he uses his dictionary at work (The Abrasive Side). In contrast to his namesake, Krabs is something of a miser; he is known to go insane if he has to give up so much as a penny. In "Born Again Krabs", he gave SpongeBob up to the Flying Dutchman for only sixty-two cents, but repented later. When customers leave the restaurant because they do not like the food (which is usually due to SpongeBob or Squidward's inaccuracies), he uses catchphrases - these include "That's me money walkin' out the door!", or "There's gonna be a few changes around here!".
However, he's a caring and thoughtful crab; he appreciates his employees, SpongeBob SquarePants and Squidward Tentacles (who help keep his restaurant afloat), dotes on his daughter, Pearl Krabs, with Spongebob's help, and he loves Mrs. Puff. Mr. Krabs' arch-rival and somewhat friend is Sheldon J. Plankton, the owner of rival restaurant the Chum Bucket across the street from his establishment. He has a mother, Mama Krabs, who lives in a near identical version of his anchor home, except it is pink. His address was also revealed to be 3541 Anchor Way. Mr. Krabs tries to keep it cheap when purchasing anything, even though he's the richest crab in the ocean, which often results in Pearl becoming extremely disappointed in her gifts, such as used batteries, or the infamous Squeaky Boots. Mr. Krabs also owns a pet worm named "Mr. Doodles" as seen in the episodes As Seen On TV and Sandy's Rocket. It is also shown in the episode Mid-Life Crustacean that he can extend his arms to great distances to collect items. Even though he's a cheapskate he will not use anything but the best ingredients in his Krabby Patties and is against them being manufactured probably since the Secret Formula is his pride, and he realizes that if he uses cheap ingredients people will stop coming.
- Whenever Mr. Krabs - on every occasion - would take a customer's order, he never actually gets to finish it. This is due to the fact that he always is ordering for a robot (Plankton), a squeaking fish, etc.
- In Christmas Who?, Mr. Krabs had the ability to sing in a high girly voice similar to that of a 70's singer.
- He appeared the most in Season 4.
- Like SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward, he is ambidextrous.
- Also, he has got a gold tooth.
- His last name is spelt like the pronunciation of crabs.
- He owns the Jellyfish Jam Making Factory.
- In the video game SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!, in the Art Gallery section of the Extras menu, if the player has unlocked it, there will be a mock movie poster entitled "The Bat-Sponge of Bikini Bottom" (a parody of Batman and based on a short sequence in The Sponge Who Could Fly). In very fine print at the bottom of the poster, it lists "other stars". This includes an entry that reads "Eugene 'Gunner' Krabs". This could mean that Mr. Krabs' nickname is "Gunner". He possibly got this nickname during his military service. That one poster in Lights, Camera, Pants! is the only time the nickname has ever been used.
It was revealed on Little Yellow Book that Mr.Krabs is a plaid enthusiast and has a hairpin that covers a grey afro
- Mr. Krabs tried to give him Krabby Patty Secret Formula in SpongeBob's Last Stand (Plan Z-909)
- It has been revealed in the Season 8 episode The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom that Mr. Krabs has the ability to breathe fresh air, (shared with Sandy), unlike the other characters.
- Mr. Krabs pays SpongeBob Wacky Bucks.
- "Hello. I like money." (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- "But I got it for a bargain!" (Squeaky Boots)
- "It's true! I am cheap!" (Squirrel Jokes)
- "But it's...Free Day." (The Smoking Peanut)
- "Clothe me if you can, silly landlubbers!" (The Algae's Always Greener)
- "Now if we could just get rid of Squidward." (My Pretty Seahorse)
- "This looks expensive!" (As Seen on TV)
- "I was the head chef on the S.S. Diarrhea." (Squilliam Returns)
- "Time is money, and if you boys are wasting time, then you’re wasting money! And that's just sick!" (Wet Painters)
- "The money is always right!" (Krusty Krab Training Video)
- "FREE?!? Nobody eats at my restraunt for free!" (Rule of Dumb)
- "Squiiiiiiiiiiiidwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!" (New Digs, Krab Borg)
- "NON-PAYING CUSTOMEEEEER!" (Pat No Pay)
- "He's not digging for any gold I'm looking for." (The Battle of Bikini Bottom)
- "Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimme gimme!" (Krusty Krushers)
- "Hello, I'm Mr. Krabs, and I like money." (Culture Shock)
- "SpongeBob! You're scaring away me money!" (Imitation Krabs)
- "That's me money walking out the door!"
- "Let's see... a five-letter word for 'happiness. Money. ARRR HAAAR HARR HAAAAR HARRR!!!!" (Your Shoe's Untied)
- "No free refills."
- "Hello... may I take your money?"
- "Not a customer in sight. If I don't make any money today, I'll surely break out in a rash."
- "I've never felt such a strange combination of pity and indigestion." (As Seen on TV)
- "Squidward, where are you? Shield me with your forehead!" (The Algae's Always Greener)
- "What? Three dollars down from last month? I GOTTA RUN A TIGHTER SHIP AROUND HERE!"
- "What's with all this change nonsense??"
- "Three cheers for feeling sorry for ourselves!" (Pressure)
- "Ah... the sweet smell of an all day's sucker." (One Krab's Trash)
- "Well, little patty. We're two of a kind. We've both lost our luster." (eats patty) "Hmm...so THAT'S what I taste like." (Mid-Life Crustacean)
- "What have you done with me restaurant?!?"
- "Counting me money. Money sweeter than honey. Money money this, money money that. Profit will make me wallet fat!"
- "Money, money, money, money, money, money!" (Krusty Krushers)
- "There's gonna be some changes around here!"
- "After all, money is the ultimate source of joy!" (Funny Pants)
- "Boys! You're spending me money!"
- Squidward: "I'm getting paid overtime for this, right Mr. Krabs?"
Mr. Krabs: "Sorry! Can't hear ya!" (Krusty Krab Training Video)
- "Oh, sweet wampum..." (The Algae's Always Greener)
- "This is where clam fishing gets serious!" (Clams)
- "You're a mystery, SpongeBob." (My Pretty Seahorse)
- "If people keep ordering it, raise the price." (Beach Party Cook-Off)
- "You had to kill him...The boy cries you a sweater of tears...and you kill him." (Dying for Pie)
- Any Port in this store? (Mid-Life Crustacean)
- "FREE FOOD??!!" (Nasty Patty)
- Sorry. Absolutely no refunds! (No Hat for Pat)
- "Tonight, we cook for a special guest." (The Clash of Triton)
|Squidward Q. Tentacles|
|Address:||Conch Street 122, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
Squidward Quincy Tentacles is SpongeBob and Patrick's cranky neighbor. His species is an octopus. Squidward is bald with light green skin, a big nose, plays the clarinet, and lives in an Easter Island head located between SpongeBob's and Patrick's residences. He works as a cashier at The Krusty Krab, a job he despises. SpongeBob and Patrick consider Squidward their friend, but the feeling is not mutual. Squidward's main rival is Squilliam Fancyson, his former band classmate and the richest squid in Bikini Bottom.
The series' animators illustrated Squidward with six tentacles, believing that giving him the proper number for an octopus (eight) would make him look too burdened.
He is usually portrayed to be a whiny, stick-in-the-mud character, a complete opposite to SpongeBob SquarePants. He is very egotistical and cannot stand saying sorry to anyone or admitting his mistakes. He considers himself very sophisticated and upper class, and looks down on most other people. Squidward makes jokes to himself that aren't even funny. Squidward is impatient for most of the time, egotistical and finds everything dull and trivial. However, in some episodes, it shows that Squidward has a more wild side. An example of this is in Squidville, Squidward goes to live in a town with other people who are exactly like him. However, Squidward realizes that he cannot cope with this lifestyle and is shown at the end of the episode to fly away on a reef-blower whilst laughing manically. Also, in Squid's Day Off Squidward is shown as very unstable and slightly mad in nature. Although Squidward has a generally dull and uncaring personality, he cannot keep it up constantly and turns hysterical every occasionally, much to SpongeBob's confusion. People usually make jokes about the size of his nose.
Squidward Q. Tentacles is a light green/blue color, and has purple suction cups at the end of his tentacles. He has six limbs in total, two being arms and four being legs. Whenever he walks, his suction cups stick to the floor. Squidward has a large baldhead, big droopy nose and yellow eyes with red pupils. He wears a brown short-sleeved shirt, which is sometimes nautical brown-orange. Even though his name is Squidward, he is an octopus!
Squidward works as the cashier in the Krusty Krab, but he hates his job, largely because he has to work with SpongeBob. He shows no enthusiasm, although he often shares a private joke with his boss, Eugene H. Krabs, about SpongeBob. Squidward is only in his job for the paycheck, however small this may be. He dreams of being a world-famous clarinet player, but has done nothing to achieve this. Although he hates the Krusty Krab now, he used to think the Krusty Krab had class when Jim, the original fry cook was there. He and Jim had many 'Bull talks' about leaving and starting a new restaurant. Squidward played the Flying Dutchman in Scaredy Pants and his costume scared SpongeBob when Squidward said "I've come for your pickle".
Squidward loves art. He has many self-portraits of himself all around his house, but rarely paints anything else. He also plays the Clarinet, which he nicknames "Clarry". He seems to think that he is a talented clarinet player, but really, his songs are usually very out of tune. Squidward also enjoys watching television, listening to the radio, riding his bike and reading. He takes great pleasure from treating and pampering himself, although while he is relaxing, usually SpongeBob interrupts him.
Next to his dream to become a renowned clarinet player, he dreams of having hair, as he is quite sensitive about his baldness (which, due to his egotistical nature, he will not admit). However, in 'The Original Fry Cook', it is revealed that Squidward used to have flowing blond hair. While talking to Jim about life, Squidward said he might possibly lose all his beautiful hair, and when he said it, all of his hair exploded! Squidward soon spent hours trying to find even the tiniest amount of hair.
Squidward lives in an Easter Island head. Unfortunately, for him, his house is located right in between SpongeBob's pineapple and Patrick's rock. Squidward's house has been shown to have the ability to move on several occasions, including when it leans over in order to peek into Patrick's secret box. It also has been shown with two rocky arms protruding from the ground that it puts in its ears when SpongeBob and Patrick are being particularly loud. Squidward also wants to have a lifestyle of being a dancer. In Slimy Dancing, Squidward entered a dance contest but he did not get in so he cheated. He works at the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob always becomes Employee of the month in the episode, Employee of the Month. But at the end neither he nor SpongeBob became Employee of the Month.
Squidward's Minor JobsEdit
- Art Department Artist for the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Movie (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture)
- Inventor of Jellyfishing (SB-129)
- Jellyfisher (Jellyfishing)
- Time Traveler
- Krusty Krab Fry Cook (Pickles, Hooky, Breath of Fresh Squidward)
- Snail-Sitter (I Was a Teenage Gary)
- Art Lesson Teacher (Artist Unknown)
- Band Director (Band Geeks)
- He attends Dancing Lessons (Patty Caper, Squidville, Slimy Dancing)
- Krusty Krab's and Krusty Krab 2's Owner (Squilliam Returns) (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- Cake Baker (Naughty Nautical Neighbors)
- Best Friend to SpongeBob and Patrick (Naughty Nautical Neighbors)
- Santa Claus (Christmas Who?)
- Plankton's Fan-Waving Slave (The Movie)
- Superhero (Captain Magma, in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V)
- Professor (for a temporary time (Professor Squidward))
- The Flying Dutchman (Scaredy Pants)
Times Squidward was nice to SpongeBob and/or PatrickEdit
The chances of Squidward being nice to SpongeBob and/or Patrick are very rare, since they're such an annoyance to him.
- In Christmas Who?, when Santa doesn't come to Bikini Bottom and SpongeBob is upset, Squidward dresses up and pretends to be Santa. However when more people see him, he has to keep up the act, and gives away everything he owns!
- In Pizza Delivery, the customer of the first (and only) Krusty Krab Pizza slams the door in SpongeBob's face. He starts crying and Squidward tries to see if SpongeBob is OK, but he gets no answer. Squidward marches to the door and throws the pizza into the customer's face to make SpongeBob feel better. Earlier in the episode, Squidward pushes SpongeBob out of the way of a 16-wheeler after a failed attempt at hitchhiking.
- In Fools in April, when Squidward plays a mean prank on SpongeBob on April Fools Day, he runs out of the Krusty Krab crying. Squidward makes many attempts to apologize to him, but all of them fail miserably. When he remembers the things said to him earlier, he is forced to apologize to SpongeBob properly.
- In Breath of Fresh Squidward, Squidward is shocked by his own electric fence that was supposed to keep SpongeBob and Patrick out, causing him to be nice to the two until SpongeBob yells at him for pogo dancing with Patrick causing Squidward to go back to his fence. When he tries to open it, he gets shocked again. SpongeBob decides to apologize and grabs onto Squidward's hand for a handshake and gets shocked too. Patrick, who joins him, grabs on to SpongeBob's hand, stating "I wanna dance funny too," and gets shocked as well. Squidward reverts to his regular self, but SpongeBob and Patrick share his grouchy traits as well and they all argue with each other.
- In Dying for Pie, when SpongeBob eats a pie that's actually a bomb that Squidward buys for Employee Brotherhood Day from pirates (even though the rules say you have to make the gift), Mr. Krabs says that he's only got until sunset before the pie/bomb hits his lower intestine, causing him to explode. Squidward tries to call the hospital, but Mr. Krabs says "it won't do any good." He calls the hospital anyway. The person on the phone tells him the same thing Mr. Krabs does. He tries to tell SpongeBob next, but Mr. Krabs says not to, because "that'll only make him feel worse. The lad deserves his final hours." Squidward starts to feel really sorry for SpongeBob, agrees with Mr. Krabs and promises to make SpongeBob's final hours "the best he's ever had." He then declares that "this time, there's gonna be love! So much, he's gonna drown in it!" So Squidward decides to do things with SpongeBob that the sponge has on his list of fun things that he likes to do, one of them being "Watch the sunset with Squidward." Squidward builds a brick wall between him and SpongeBob so he won't get injured by the explosion. The pie/bomb hits SpongeBob's lower intestine and Squidward knows it's only a matter of time before he explodes. SpongeBob likes to count down until the sun sets. He starts with five and leaves Squidward to "do the rest, buddy!" Squidward counts to one, but the sun doesn't set. He tries again, but as the sun sets, day turns to night, and Squidward gets to three, SpongeBob explodes and he cries. He says "at least I was able to make his last few hours meaningful. I am such a good person." Suddenly, a second explosion occurs and the brick wall falls on Squidward. SpongeBob is alive and blowing bomb bubbles. Squidward gets out from under the wall and reveals that SpongeBob's explosion was what he's been waiting for. He also explains the pie/bomb to him because he didn't understand which pie he was talking about. However, the pie/bomb wasn't eaten by SpongeBob, who had been saving it for them to share, meaning Squidward did all that stuff for nothing. However, SpongeBob trips on a rock, causing him to throw the pie/bomb in Squidward's face. Of course, it explodes and the entire town is destroyed.
- In Idiot Box, SpongeBob and Patrick buy a TV so that they can play with the box. Their first "adventure" is mountain climbing. The noise bothers Squidward, who took the TV and came outside to find the remote it came with. He kicks the box, causing an "avalanche." Squidward, actually worried for the two, touches the box, causing a second "avalanche." When he hears SpongeBob and Patrick talking about cutting off frozen body parts with a saw, he opens the box to check on them, but they're perfectly fine and not in a cold mountain setting. The squid then reverts to his angry and grouchy self. Technically, this counts because Squidward was worried about them. He'd usually not care about them and leave them alone.
- In Graveyard Shift, right before the Hash-Slinging Slasher attacks them, Squidward admits, despite what he says to SpongeBob all the time, that he's always sort of liked him... right before SpongeBob tells Squidward that he used his clarinet to unclog his toilet.
Squidward's Schemes to get rid of/away from SpongeBob and/or PatrickEdit
- In Naughty Nautical Neighbors Squidward makes SpongeBob and Patrick become enemies, so he thinks there are no problems anymore. Now SpongeBob and Patrick want to be his best friend, so Squidward gets the contrary of his idea.
- In Opposite Day Squidward is going to move out. However, the controller is going to check, if there are no perturbing neighbors, otherwise, he must not move. So that SpongeBob and Patrick do not disturb the controller, he invents the opposite day, but SpongeBob and Patrick think they are Squidward. As the controller thinks there are three Squidward’s, she refuses the move.
- In SB-129, Squidward wants to play the clarinet without SpongeBob's and Patrick's noise, so he absconds and goes to the Krusty Krab's freezer. Shortly after, he is frozen and unfreezes 2000 years later. He does not want to stay there and with a time machine, he moves in the past and at the end he was in the middle of nowhere and he recognizes he cannot live without SpongeBob and Patrick.
- In Squid's Day Off Mr. Krabs' arms are "broken", so he gives his job to Squidward. Squidward benefits this chance to be as far as possible from SpongeBob. However, whilst SpongeBob in the Krusty Krab works and Squidward in his house, Squidward thinks of ways SpongeBob will destroy the Krusty Krab, which would get him in trouble.
- In Squidville, Squidward moves to Tentacle Acres so that Squidward is far away from his neighbors. However, Squidward becomes mad without SpongeBob and Patrick and returns to Conch Street.
- In Good Neighbors Squidward installs the "Security System 5000" so that SpongeBob and Patrick cannot get on his nerves anymore. Shortly after the system raged trough Bikini Bottom, Squidward must serve community service with SpongeBob and Patrick each Sunday.
- In Funny Pants Squidward cannot sustain SpongeBob's laughter, so he tells SpongeBob if he doesn't stop laughing, he won't be able to laugh anymore! SpongeBob believes in Squidward's words so much that he cannot laugh anymore. However, instead of laughing he cries all the times and Squidward suffers like before.
- In Hocus Pocus, SpongeBob wants to demonstrate Squidward a card trick. While SpongeBob does this Squidward gets on the bus and disappeared. Sometimes later he returns and immediately he absconds a second time.
- In SpongeBob vs. Patty Gadget Squidward has a machine which needs no help to prepare Krabby Patties so that SpongeBob will be fired, but SpongeBob defeats it.
- In Breath of Fresh Squidward, Squidward builds an electric fence around his house to keep SpongeBob and Patrick from sneaking into his house while he's sleeping.
- In Artist Unknown Squidward gets SpongeBob as his Art Student. Squidward gets Jealous that SpongeBob has more Talent than him so he forbids SpongeBob's art of Origami, and a Puzzle creation called "Rippy Bits" and the circles and the Statue SpongeBob has created. After SpongeBob leaves a famous Art Collector Monty P. Moneybags comes to the class and laughs at Squidward's art but he is Impressed with SpongeBob's statue. Squidward then says it's his Art and takes credit, but the Statue's head breaks off when Squidward tried to take it to Monty's car. He goes to get SpongeBob but because of him forbidding SB's talent SpongeBob can't do Art anymore. Squidward's plot to become famous fails, but when he rages a mess he says the mess is the Janiter's responsibility. But it turned out that he created a Statue.
We already know that Squidward is too easy to vex and this default brings him to bad situation.
- In Employee of the Month SpongeBob says Squidward cannot be the Employee of the Month (not directly at the beginning of the episode), so Squidward decides to beat SpongeBob. However, at the end, they become mad, destroys the Krusty Krab and we do not know who became Employee of the Month.
- In The Paper Squidward gives SpongeBob a small paper. SpongeBob has a lot of fun with it and Squidward become jealous and is vexed. He gives all his chattels to SpongeBob just so that he gets the paper. However, he notices he does not have any fun with it and he does not have anything else.
- In Fools in April SpongeBob makes April Fools. They get on Squidward's nerves and goes over the top and Squidward makes SpongeBob cry all the way at home. Squidward apologizes at the end.
- In Club SpongeBob Squidward thinks SpongeBob thinks Squidward cannot be a club's member. As Squidward climbs down apon hearing that he had the wrong impression, and gets annoyed by them again, he unwittingly catapults the entire club in a forest.
- In The Camping Episode SpongeBob says: "Have fun inside." So Squidward thinks the word inside means they want him to go camping, but he gives in and goes camping with SpongeBob and Patrick. Finally, he is beaten-up by a sea bear and possibly a sea rhinoceros!
- In Breath of Fresh Squidward he finds out that SpongeBob and Patrick come into his house every night. This entices him to make a electric power fence, but he gets an electric shock from it, as stated in the "Times Squidward was nice to SpongeBob and/or Patrick" section above.
- In SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget Squidward realizes that he's losing the contest, so he pushed his handle to passed high breaking it. He loses the contest.
- Air (Reef Blower).
- Magic (Wishing You Well)
- Falling (Explodes as a result) (Jellyfishing and My Pretty Seahorse)
- His Baldness (Few Episodes)
- Any food odd-numbered (Can You Spare a Dime?)
- Allergic to newsprint (Can You Spare a Dime?)
- Jellyfish (Various)
- SpongeBob and Patrick. (Every Appearance Squidward has so far)
- Apologizing (Fools in April)
- Love (Le Big Switch)
- Laughter (by Spongebob and Patrick)
- Bombs (Dying for Pie)
- Allergic to Seaberries (Restraining SpongeBob (Episode))
- Squidward was the moderator of "Astrology with Squidward". There are SpongeBob-Characters which represent the zodiac signs and for each sign he makes a banal prevision.
In the USA this was published from 2000 to 2001 in the dispatcher Nickelodeon.
- Squidward's name is a ; it is composed from "Squid" and "Edward".
- His nose contracts like a bagpipe whenever he laughs.
- Squidward is claustrophobic. (Wishing You Well).
- In the episode Professor Squidward, his middle initial is Q., while in every episode before and when said by his voice actor, Rodger Bumpass it was J. He probably has two middle names and he prefers his middle name to be Q.
- The first episode to not have Squidward is Tea at the Treedom
- He has appeared in more episodes than Patrick.
- Like SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs he is ambidextrous.
- In Just One Bite, he says he has no soul. And in No Hat for Pat, he says he hates everyone.
- The Song Pick up a Pencil was created, sung, and written by Squidward when he went to Atlantis.
- It was the first time that Squidward's art became popular in Atlantis SquarePantis
- Squidward's (at first) favorite city Tentacle Acres sold Canned Bread much to his surprise.
- "Give me that!"
- "Guess who just quit?" (Big Pink Loser)
- "Why must every eleven minutes of my life be filled with misery? Why-hy-hy-hy?" (Club SpongeBob)
- "Ouch." (Dying for Pie)
- "YOU TWO DON'T DESERVE TO WEAR THOSE FEZZES!!! (Good Neighbours)
- "Mr. Krabs! Mr. Krabs!! Mr. Krabs, look at you new employee. (Help Wanted)
- "Does this look unsure to you?" (Just One Bite)
- "I've Never Had A Krabby Patty And Never Will." (Just One Bite)
- "Oh Puh-lease... I have no soul." (Just One Bite)
- "I hate all of you." (Karate Choppers)
- "I am really/so glad I don't eat here." (Krabs a la Mode)
- "Don't listen to him Squidward, remember your karma." (crashes and explodes) (My Pretty Seahorse)
- "Listen SpongeBob, I order the food. You cook the food. The customer gets the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, what do you say?" (My Pretty Seahorse)
- (Imitating Patrick) "SpongeBob, if I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar" (Naughty Nautical Neighbours)
- "Oh ho! My back!" (Naughty Nautical Neighbors)
- "Oh, my aching tentacles." (Pizza Delivery)
- Intensive. Hmm… I bet they won’t have... (he gasps and grabs a can) They have it! CANNED BREAD! (Squidville)
- "I hate my job." (Spy Buddies)
- "Aaaaahhhhh... Replica, Sweet, Replica!" (Squid's Visit)
- "I'll bet they don't have... Wow, they have it! CANNED BREAD!!" (Squidville)
- "Did you find any of Patrick's gold?" (The Battle of Bikini Bottom)
- "Too bad SpongeBob's not here to enjoy SpongeBob not being here." (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- "Mr Tentacles has all the Talent" (Artist Unknown)
- "You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!" (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- "Please tell me this isn't a joke!" (Welcome to the Chum Bucket)
- SpongeBob: I'm Ready Squidward!
Squidward: Ready to move?
SpongeBob: No! Ready to Pass my Boating exam! (Boating School)
- Squidward: Really? Jellyfishing with you guys? Oh, that would be the best day ever in my book. I would love to go jellyfishing! I can’t think of anything I’d like to do more on my day off than go jellyfishing with my two best friends: SpongeBob and...uhh...
Patrick: Patrick. (Jellyfishing)
- Squidward: I told you I am claustrophobic.
Patrick: Nice try, Squidward, but there's no Santa Claus here.
Squidward: Patrick!!!!! (Wishing You Well)
- "That was my cheese. It's supposed to smell like that, kelp for brains!" (No Nose Knows)
- "GET OUT!!!!!!!!!! (Toy Store of Doom)
- "SpongeBob, if I didn't want an item what makes you think I would find it more appealing in here?! (Just One Bite)
- "You owe me big time for this, Mr. Krabs." (Grandpappy the Pirate)
- "Well it wouldn't be the first time you ruined everything." (The Clash of Triton)
|Nickname:||Pat, Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick, Patricia|
|Address:||120 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Color:||Pink (driver's license in "Driven to Tears")|
|Strength:||He is very hard, can open even Slimelich Maneuver (Porous Pockets).|
|Weight:||2 ounces but 6 inches tall.|
|First appearance:||Help Wanted, first major role in Jellyfishing|
- This page is about the character. For appearances, click here.
Patrick Star is a dim-witted but well-meaning starfish who is the best friend of SpongeBob SquarePants. He is quite overweight and loves ice cream and many other fat foods.
SpongeBob and Patrick often annoy Squidward to no end, but both of the two are blissfully unaware of it. Patrick first obviously appeared in the episode: Help Wanted although his first main role in Season 1 is in the episode: Jellyfishing. He was born in February of 1978. He is a 34 year old who acts like another scatterbrained 4 year old ("Is mayonnaisse an instrument?"). Once, to help SpongeBob get into the Salty Spitoon, he pretended to get beat up by SpongeBob so his best friend would seem tough. He is very loving also and he called SpongeBob adorable. He admires Jeffrey Jellyfish. In the episode: I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, SpongeBob and Patrick went to the Bi-Annual Jellyfish Convention and saw many of their favourite jellyfish enthusiasts, such as Kevin the Sea Cucumber. Patrick can also play the drums. As seen in the episode: Band Geeks, he plays the drums, in the Campfire Song Song in the episode: The Camping Episode, Patrick had drums for a brief time, until he destroyed them in the end. In the videogame Lights, Camera, Pants!, Patrick plays the drum and sometimes uses his head to play the drums. However in the TV Movie: Atlantis SquarePantis, Patrick is more interested in alternative music. After failing or graduating community college, he has no job now because he did not go to a good school to graduate and become a great man. He often does not have enough money, and then in the episode: Pat No Pay, obviously by the title, Patrick Star cannot pay back for his Krusty Krab meal because he does not have any money.
Patrick Star has also had his identity and ID licenses shown in the episode: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III and Driven to Tears. Patrick is known to cause many troubles, and usually makes the main problem of the episode he appears in. Patrick Star is also pink, much to SpongeBob's fun teasing in the episode: The Fry Cook Games. He somewhat attended Community College, which probably means that he will never be well-educated or have a good job. His parents are known to have kicked him out, which was the main reason he built his own home. Patrick has also been emotional about his parents' getting rid of him to make him think he is an orphan and believe that SpongeBob's parents are his parents in: Driven to Tears. Somewhat, he still was very happy and never went back to his parents' house again. Patrick has been sent to jail many times before. He went to prison in these episodes: Life of Crime, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, Good Ol' Whatshisname, and The Inmates of Summer.
Patrick is also pink, but has darker pink freckles and jellydots around his body. He is also shown to be able to move the jellydots around his body. In Season #1, due to an unsteady animation process in this season, his eyebrows are M's and this last occurred in the episode: Hooky. Patrick has Zs for his eyebrows starting in the episode: Your Shoe's Untied. Patrick is also shown to develop a love of rocks. He usually lives in a rock, had a rock for a pet, uses rocks to make Valentine's Day gifts, eats rocks, uses rocks as tools, and most likely relaxes flat and enjoys sun ray catching while sitting on a rock flat. He is also very strong and can move his rock, although he did not in: Life of Crime. Patrick Star is also wearing green pants with purple flowers.
Patrick Star usually is so much beloved to SpongeBob he mistakes SpongeBob's family for his own family. In the episode: The Sponge Who Could Fly, he believed that SpongeBob's Grandpa is his, and Grandpa SquarePants became angry at Patrick for making him appear in his own dream-cloud and hits him with a stick. In the episode: Driven to Tears, Patrick is never able to know, no matter how many times told from SpongeBob's parents that they are not his parents. This made Patrick think he was an orphan. He has also been known to marry SpongeBob in Rock-a-Bye Bivale to let SpongeBob do all the work for Junior the Scallop.
Patrick Star also has arachnophobia, or the phobia of spiders, revealed in the episodes: Home Sweet Pineapple and The Pink Purloiner. But it's a mystery why there would be spiders in the ocean. The spiders would be almost as big as Patrick, and to Bikini Bottom, they are bugs who have the same personification-like size to the fish and ocean mammal's point of view. In the episode Squirrel Jokes it showed Patrick sitting at a table with Nancy (possibly he was dating her).
Patrick has also had many jobs. However, he is not very good at any one of them, These are the ones he usually had:
- Krusty Krab Worker: This is the main job Patrick usually tries. In the episodes:
- Big Pink Loser: He swept dust all the time, spilled dishes on purpose, and tried to open a jar of jam.
- Bummer Vacation: He was the replacement fry cook. He put Krabby Patties dirty on him and cleaned the toilets (or used them)
- That's No Lady: Patrick, disguised as a girl named Patricia, did a very good job to stay in town, but Mr. Krabs and Squidward fell in love with him/her.
- Pat No Pay: Patrick Star had to make enough money to replace his bill. He destroys the Krusty Krab with trash.
- 20,000 Patties Under the Sea: He is the assistant manager to SpongeBob as the restaurant mobile to bring Krusty Krab to the people. He also has a job for working in the kitchen.
- Lights, Camera, Pants! (PC Version) He worked his own lemonade stand for a short time. He earned 25 cents.
- Inventor of the Back Scratching, Nose Picking, Hair Combing, Ukelele Tuning Machine 9000.
- Inventor of Pencil, Mirror, and Lightbulb but was already taken up by the real creators.
- King of Bikini Bottom. (He was King Patrick in episode Rule of Dumb)
- Jellyfisher, Jellyfisherman Expo Convention Joiner I Was a Teenage Gary and That's No Lady
- Mrs.Puff's Boating School Student.(He became SpongeBob's classmate in the class of Mrs. Puff seen on episode New Student Starfish)
- Community College Student, mentioned in the episode: The Bully with Flats the Flounder
- Overtime TV Watcher Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
- Father/Parent, Housekeeper Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
Patrick enjoys eating very much. He likes Chili, as seen in the episode Doing Time. He likes ice cream, Jellyfish Jelly sandwiches, Krabby Patties, chocolate bars, peanut butter and Peanut Butter Tacos in Picture Day, cheese from the hooks, pickles, astronaut-dried food marshmallows, sandwiches, turkey, hot dogs, smoked sausages, roast chicken, beef, pizza and many other random junk foods.
Notable Family MembersEdit
- King Amoeba & Queen Mildew
- Gary, as cousin
- Slugga (Gary's dad)
- Sam (Sister)
- Various family members of different timelines in the episode: Rule of Dumb
- Patar (ancestor)
- Patron in the episode: SB-129
- Patron (descendant)
- Prehistoric Patrick (ancestor)
- Princess Tulsa
- Prince Callous
- Prince Dingus
- Billy Bob (Fish)
- Maw Ticket
- Pole (His wife as shown in The Krabby Kronicle)
- He can fly. (The Sponge Who Could Fly)
- His lifelong dream is to defeat the Giant Monkey Men and save the 9th Dimension in the episode: Big Pink Loser
- Patrick appears to have psychic abilities, as evidenced in the episode: No Weenies Allowed (he made it look like an invisible bully was beating him up), and Night Light (levitated in such a fashion that he appeared to be running up an invisible staircase).
- Patrick is a good driver, unlike SpongeBob. In Driven to Tears, he got his license on his first try.
- When he gets hit in "Lights, Camera, Pants!", it is revealed that Patrick is padded ("That'd Hurt if i wasn't so Padded."). Of course, he is referencing his weight.
- In SpongeBob.com, it reveals his attention span is .02.
- It is revealed in SpongeBob.com he went to community college.
- In the episode Chum Bucket Supreme, it is told that he HAS a brain. It is a Department of Thoughts.
- Patrick has never been the only main character before until Rise and Shine and The Doughnut of Shame.
- From all the 18 years Patrick had ate, he didnt have diabetes.
- "Who are you people?!" (I'm With Stupid/Pre-Hibernation Week)
- "Who cares about a stupid star?" (New Student Starfish)
- "Who said that?" (Various Episodes)
- "Now I'm gonna starve!" (Life of Crime)
- "Is it already time to ruin Squid's day?" (Home Sweet Pineapple)
- "Uhhhh... (Drools)" (Various)
- "Hey, I'm missing the coconut!" (Rock-A-Bye Bivalve)
- "Good morning Krusty crew!" (Mid-Life Crustacean, Help Wanted)
- "Nooooo! My name's not Rick!" (The Fry Cook Games)
- "This is a hotel/hospital?" (Krusty Towers)
- "Ahhh!!!! (rips off robe but appears to wear a suit) Huh? (rips off suit) Ahhh!!!! (Fry Cook Games)
- "Heart on stick. Must die!!!!" (Valentine's Day)
- "Oh, what do you want to be a lifeguard for? Nobody really likes those guys. (Larry is carried by a bunch of fish) Being a lifeguard is so dumb. All they do is blow, blow, blow on their stupid whistles, rub, rub, rub that white stuff on their noses and show off their gross misshapen bodies! (a fish walks up seeing Patrick's expanded belly)" (SpongeGuard on Duty)
- "That isn't crazy talk, this is crazy talk, KA-BLA-BLA-BLA, KA-BLA-BLA-BLA, LOO-LOO"(gets hit by Sandy) (I Had an Accident)
- "I wumbo, you wumbo, he/she/me wumbo; wumbo, wumbo-ing, wumbology: the study of wumbo, it's first grade SpongeBob." (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV)
- "Hahahahahahahahahaha It's a Giraffe! Hahahahahahahahahahaha"! (Bubblestand)
- Sandy: Don't You Have To Be Stupid Somewhere Else? Patrick: Not until four. (I Had an Accident)
- "Ahh! A burglar!" (Gets scared by the referee) (The Great Snail Race)
- Squidward: Patrick! What are you doing here? Patrick: Uhh... I dunno, I'm funny. (Suction Cup Symphony)
- "I'm so close to solving this crime I can almost taste it. Boy, crimefighting makes me hungry and this yellow popsicle hits the spot. (The Smoking Peanut)
- "Hahahaha. Connect the dots!" (Writes with a pencil on his chest) "I drawed a horsey!" (A Flea in Her Dome)
- "She's pretty, SpongeBob." (While Mindy is explaining, Patrick is staring at her) (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- "No way! 58 is my lucky number!" (Driven to Tears)
- "You thinking what I'm thinking?" (The Clash of Triton)
|Sheldon J. Plankton|
|Born:||November 30, 1942|
|Nickname:||Plank, Plankton, Planky, Plank O Chums or Shelly|
|Address:||The Chum Bucket, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Eye color:||Red and yellow|
|Weight:||Very light (1mg)|
|Job(s):||Chum Bucket's founder, employee, and boss
|Family:||Lots of Hoboes
|Friends:||Mrs. Krabs, Mr. Krabs (when they were babies until they were kids)|
|Rival:||Mr. Krabs (arch enemy), Pearl Krabs (enemy), SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy|
|Interests:||Stealing Mr. Krabs's Formula for the best burger in the sea|
|Favorite activity:||To Steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, Ruling the World (Got carried away with that), Getting Revenge on Mr. Krabs|
Sheldon Plankton is Eugene Krabs's arch enemy. He often goes by just Plankton. He wants to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, so that his restaurant, the Chum Bucket becomes famous and the Krusty Krab goes down. But in the episode Friend or Foe? it is revealed that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once best friends , but eventually became enemies after a scuffle involving a food recipe. He is the fifth main character of the show. His sidekick Karen is the sixth main character.
Sheldon and Eugene were in the same kindergarten and same School and also were in a university. He lives with his computer Karen Plankton in his own restaurant. Sheldon stole Karen from a hospital (Friend or Foe?)
According to Karen, Sheldon is made up of 1% evil and 99% hot gas. In Friend or Foe?, despite Karen's truth, Plankton really does want the Krabby Patty formula for ruling the world but also Mr. Krabs wants the Krabby Patty formula for making lots and lots of money.
Sheldon is very jealous, but he is sneaky and nearly arrives to steal the mysterious Krabby Patty Formula. He never arrives it because he is overhasty and impatient. He thinks he can outgun everyone and doesn't want to believe that he is small. Before he became Mr. Krabs's enemy, he was his only friend. Everyone else laughed at him because he is so small and easy to beat, but because Mr. Krabs was with him he wasn't too angry. But after becoming enemies with him, he wants to govern the world and rule everyone who laugh or laughed at him. He often rips SpongeBob off, because he thinks SpongeBob is silly and babyish, also because SpongeBob happens to know the Krabby Patty's ingredients. (He puts upon SpongeBob in episodes like Walking Small or Plankton!.) Plankton is the main antagonist of the SpongeBob SquarePants TV series. He is also SpongeBob's arch nemesis.
Karen is the other main antagonist. She is his computer who talks. She is usually considered a character but also an object/item/accessory for Plankton.
Plankton is small and jelly bean shaped. He has one eye that has a red pupil. He has long antennae. His arms are stubby, and he has a dark green color.
Main article: List of Plankton's Plans
- In the episode "Plankton!" he uses a mind control device on SpongeBob, but SpongeBob resists a bit and because of SpongeBob's inviting description of the Krabby Patty, Plankton lunges for a Krabby Patty and falls into his analyzer. Plankton becomes trapped inside Karen, and tells SpongeBob that he'll settle for some fries.
- In "F.U.N." SpongeBob teaches Plankton to have "F.U.N." and they become friends. Nevertheless, Plankton rips SpongeBob off, so that he gets the formula. But he slams into solid concrete behind a movie theater screen.
- In "Imitation Krabs" Plankton arrives to get rid of Krabs for a while, so that he can clad him as Mr. Krabs, but Mr. Krabs returns to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is unable to figure out who is the real Mr. Krabs so he runs a quiz show. Plankton won the quiz show so SpongeBob gave Plankton the formula. SpongeBob finds a penny and puts it in the Krabs robot's self destruct slot, so Plankton goes to the Chum Bucket and gets blown up.
- In "Plankton's Army" Plankton fails to get the formula, so he decides to call in for help (actually Karen's idea). He tries a bar filled with strong fish, but he is violently attacked by them, so he calls in his family. He hopes and assumes that they are evil geniuses like him, but, in reality, they are dumb and clumsy. They say they'll help if they get rewarded with root beer. They invade the Krusty Krab and trap Mr. Krabs and Squidward in a toilet (SpongeBob was mopping the Bathroom). Plankton's family figures out the code for Mr. Krabs's safe, Plankton gets the book of the recipe even though Mr. Krabs asked him not to, but the formula says that Grounded Plankton are part of the recipe. Plankton and his family retreats when Mr. Krabs made it sound like he was going to use Plankton as Part of the recipe. Mr. Krabs tell SpongeBob and Squidward that the book wasn't the real formula, and that he's sure that Plankton will be back someday to discover what and where the real formula is.
- In "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" Mr. Krabs loses SpongeBob in a card-game against Plankton. Now SpongeBob must work for Plankton, who wants SpongeBob to prepare a Krabby Patty but SpongeBob is too upset to. Therefore, Plankton implants SpongeBob's brain in a robot, but it does not make the Krabby Patty either. Plankton returns SpongeBob's brain and is desperate to offload him on Mr. Krabs, so desperate he gives Mr. Krabs $50.
- In "Krusty Krab Training Video" Plankton steals a Krabby Patty and goes away with a vehicle which looks like an insect, but it is so slow that Mr. Krabs can stop it by merely walking.
- In "Fear of a Krabby Patty" Plankton opens the Chum Bucket 23 hours a day, convincing Mr. Krabs to open the Krusty Krab 24 hours a day. Pretending to a be a customer, Peter Lankton, Plankton orders 10,000 Krabby Patties. After many days of working without sleep or rest, SpongeBob starts hallucinating, and develops a fear of Krabby Patties. SpongeBob goes to a psychiatrist, who is Plankton under his "Peter Lankton" guise. Plankton tries to get the formula by hypnotizing Spongebob and making him say it, but SpongeBob falls asleep in the process, and is cured. SpongeBob begins working again, and Plankton is upset that he failed to get the formula.
- In "Friend or Foe?" Plankton tells Mr. Krabs he has wanted to steal the formula so that they will become friends. During a heartfelt hug, Plankton notices the formula is in Mr. Krabs’s trouser pocket and he takes it. Plankton and Karen want to disappear and SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs want to hold them up.
- In the "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Plankton learns there are 26 letters in the alphabet and realizes he has an "Evil Plan Z", where he steals the crown of King Neptune, delivers it to Shell City (a gift shop located on the surface), and frames the theft on Mr. Krabs. He executes it and King Neptune freezes Mr. Krabs and gives him six days for his name to be cleared before his execution. While Krabs is frozen, Plankton successfully steals the Krabby Patty formula and begins producing Krabby Patties, giving free bucket helmets away with each one. The helmets are, in fact, mind-control devices which Plankton uses to make the citizens bend to his will and change Bikini Bottom to suit his image, renaming the city "Planktopolis." Unfortunately for Plankton, SpongeBob and Patrick manage to retrieve the crown and bring it back to King Neptune, and frees the townspeople from Plankton's control by using the power of rock and roll. Plankton is trampled before he can escape and a while later, the cops take him to prison for illegal mind-controlling.
- In Komputer Overload, Plankton builds 3 robots: the T-119A Compumatic, the Noxious Enterprises' Super SPU-31 Liquid-Cooled Mobile Processing Unit, and the Command Module to replace Karen, who had left. He then puts the 3 robots together, making one big robot to get the secret formula. He threatens SpongeBob, who had been thrown outside by Mr. Krabs, to "tell Krabs that if he doesn't turn over the formula to me, he'll be subjected to utter annihilation at my hands" (but SpongeBob doesn't get that, so he puts it in simlper words: "Krabs give me secret formula or I bring big boom boom to the Krusty Krab", but SpongeBob doesn't understand that either). Plankton attacks the Krusty Krab, declaring "Bring on the boom boom!" However, the extension cord used to power the robot is unplugged, deactivating it. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laugh at Plankton's expense as the robot collapses. Karen comes back to Plankton, but only to get her keyboard. Plankton apologizes and goes back to the Chum Bucket with Karen.
- In Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, Plankton gets trapped in Sandy's air suit. Seeing how generously she received a Krabby Patty, he later stole her pelt, but then Sandy stopped him and imprisoned him in a jar of mustard.
- In Atlantis SquarePantis Plankton plans to use Atlantis's powerful weapons on the gang to become emperor of the city. He is dumbfounded when he realizes it only shoots ice cream.
- In Bucket Sweet Bucket, Plankton tricks SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to fix up the Chum Bucket. He goes to the Krusty Krab where he tries to get the formula. He succeeds, but finds out it is not the secret formula, but a to do list. He goes back to the Chum Bucket where he discovers that SpongeBob and Patrick turned the Chum Bucket into the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs comes back from his vacation to Africa, and he reveals that he took the formula with him on vacation. He then takes back the Krusty Krab afterwards, which has underwent major improvement thanks to Squidward. Karen scolds Plankton for his miserable failure.
- In Truth or Square, Plankton tries to steal the formula while SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are trapped in the air duct. Plankton is caught by Mr. Krabs after they get out.
- In 1979, Plankton asked nicely to Mr. Krabs Can I please have the secret formula? and Krabs refuses.
- In Plankton!, he gets under the Krabby Patty and tries to get out of the Krusty Krab.
- In Imitation Krabs, he goes under a fish-robot and asks SpongeBob the formula to win $1,000,000 (the dollar was fake)
- In "Culture Shock" Plankton tries to steal a Krabby Patty by conjuring, but he exposes himself with his magic.
- In the video game Battle for Bikini Bottom Plankton builds a machine that he uses to create an army of loyal robots, but he forgets to set a switch on the machine to Obey Plankton, and also even makes a robot clone of himself, which results in the end of his plan.
- He never wins. When he thinks that nothing can come between him and the formula, he gets ahead of himself and eventually does not obtain it.
- Curiously, he fights with people who can easily beat him. In the episode Plankton's Army, he is beaten up by tall, muscular fish.
- In the Nickelodeon dictionary, it says that Plankton's uncle is from Russia and speaks a language called Planktonese.
- In the episode Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob, Karen buys a Krabby Kids meal for Plankton which includes a Pipsqueak Patty, implying that Plankton has acquired a Krabby Patty, however his objective in the episode was to bring customers to the Chum Bucket.
- Mr. Krabs and Plankton are twins in time, as they were born on the same day, month, and year.
- For unknown reasons, Plankton has a phone in his bathtub. (See photo titled "Yo")
- Plankton seems to change size in every episode he appears in (his 5 in. measuring stick say he is 2 in. tall in "Komputer Overload").
- His analyzer could be wrong because Plankton is really evil as seen in the movie when he steals the formula and conquers Bikini Bottom. Plus, in some episodes he uses SpongeBob and friends in his plans to take the formula.
- Plankton appears in the middle of the United Plankton Pictures logo in a crudely hand-drawn "form" along with his famliy and is yellow.
- SpongeBob has said "good luck with that" to Plankton multiple times.
- Mr. Krabs tried to give him the Krabby Patty Secret Formula in SpongeBob's Last Stand (Plan Z-909
- He sometimes call Spongebob - (Spongeboob).
- "I went to college!"
- "Now bow before the New King of Atlantis!"
- "Can I have the secret formula?"
- "Are you SpongeBob SquarePants???"
- "I never thought I'd get this far."
- "Why do I always get beaten up by people bigger than me?"
- "I will destroy all of you!"
- "Curse You!!!"
- "Holographic Meatloaf? MY FAVORITE!"
- "Well this stinks!"
- "Back for more of my delicious chum, I see!"
- "You will regret this!"
- "Felicitations malefactors!"
- "You'll pay for this, Krabs!"
- "When am I going to get some real food? Mr. Krabs gets to eat real food. Just look at his daughter, shes as big as a whale!"
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Chapter 13, Plankton got arrested for getting his hands on the formula, stealing King Neptune's crown and enslaving Bikini Bottom.
- In Krabby Road, Plankton got arrested and locked in a cage for making SpongeBob call the police.
- In Goo Goo Gas, Plankton got free from the larger-than-him handcuffs.
- In Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, Plankton got caught by Sandy who was arrested.
|Sandra "Sandy" Cheeks|
|First Appearence:||Tea at the Treedome|
|Interests:||Science, Karate, Surfing, Weight-lifting, extreme sports, and Texas culture|
|Aliases:||Miss Appear, Landy, San-day, Sandra, Miss Cheeks, Miss Alien Pants|
Sandy Cheeks is one of the ten main characters of the series. She is the seventh main character. She is a very smart, talented and athletic squirrel born in the state of Texas, who moved to Bikini Bottom in the Pacific Ocean. She is also an inventor and loves science very much.
She is not featured in major roles as much as she used to. Other main characters such as SpongeBob, Squidward, Plankton (she only made 6 appearances in season 3, but has been featured more in other seasons).
Sandy comes from the state of Texas, and exhibits many characteristics of a stereotypical "southwestern" squirrel. She uses typical slang words and phrases of a western cowgirl. She is very fond of her homeland and its culture, as most notably seen in the episode "Texas", in which she grows homesick for it. In that same episode, she becomes furious at SpongeBob and Patrick's bad remarks about Texas, and violently attacks them when they continue to insult it.
Sandy is one of the most intelligent and level-headed characters on the show. She is a multi-talented scientist and inventor, and originally came to Bikini Bottom to study sea creatures and their lifestyles. In "Chimps Ahoy", it is revealed that she is employed by a trio of monkeys from the surface, named Dr. Marmalade, Lord Reginald and Professor Percy. They exhibit stereotypical upper-class English accents and manners, and periodically visit Bikini Bottom to audit her scientific research. As an inventor, Sandy is capable of creating extremely advanced devices with ease. Her inventions include a manned space ship, a teleporter, a submarine that can shrink to microscopic size and go inside a person's body, and even a cloning device.
She lives in an air-filled habitat structure called the Treedome (a polyurethane dome containing a tree, living quarters and various other land plants). When outside of the Treedome, Sandy wears an air-filled suit that looks much like an astronaut's space suit; while in her Treedome, she wears a purple bikini with green frills in the bottom section. Physically, Sandy is one of the strongest creatures (along with Larry the Lobster) in Bikini Bottom. She claims to be stronger than Larry and can even pull down gigantic ships and boats from the surface of the ocean as seen in "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm". Sandy was hibernating during the winter in Survival of the Idiots. This episode was played in "Bikini Bottom Best Friends Collection".
In "Chimps Ahoy", she is visited in Bikini Bottom by her patrons, a group of air-breathing monkeys by the names of: Dr. Marmalade, Lord Reginald and Professor Percy from the surface (with upper-class English accents and manners) who periodically stop by to audit her scientific research.
SpongeBob sometimes becomes jealous of the attention Sandy gives to other friends and once wrote a song (notably in the episode 'Ripped Pants') about how he "lost his girl" and "someone stole his girl" because of his ripped pants; also, early in the series, SpongeBob takes great pains to impress Sandy and possibly considers their special get-togethers in Sandy's bubble dates. Sandy is also shown to be a companion of Larry the Lobster in scenarios reminiscent of casual dating (it was Larry who "stole" Sandy away from SpongeBob in 'Ripped Pants').
It is revealed that Sandy has a really giant monster form. During hibernation, she mutates into a very huge, muscular, lion-like, monstrous squirrel in "Survival of the Idiots". She mistook SpongeBob as Pinhead Larry and Patrick as Dirty Dan.One of Sandy's male relatives appeared in Stanley S. SquarePants (Episode). Sandy Cheeks is actually revealed to have a scottish relative, but Sandy was born in America, or the United States of America. Maybe, this Scottish Squirrel may not be related to Sandy Cheeks, or Sandy Cheeks is really Scottish American but speaks English more.
If SpongeBob has any, Sandy would be considered his love interest.
Sandy loves karate. Her karate gear is Green, where as SpongeBob is Red and has a hat fit for his square head. Sandy also plays guitar. She played a guitar in Band Geeks and played acoustic guitar during the Texas song, Lights, Camera, Pants! and Atlantis Squarepantis (episode & game). Sandy loves science. Some of her inventions include a teleporter, a nut communication device and a thing that can transport food to the stomach. Also, in Ditchin, she was an expert at playing badminton, and together with her partner, Dale, they were an unstoppable team, until SpongeBob and Patrick beat them at their own game. Her favorite foods are Haycorns, Krabby Patties, Volcano/Hot sauce, BarnacleLoaf Sandwiches with Mustard, (Seen in Karate Choppers) and Pasta (Seen in Atlantis SquarePantis) .
Sandy became one of SpongeBob's best friends after saving him from a giant clam (Tea at the Treedome: The clam first tried to eat Sandy, but almost ate SpongeBob after he tried to save her), and she enjoys various activities with him (including karate). Sandy and SpongeBob save each other in newer episodes from i.e. Udon's "bodyguards" (Karate Island) and Bullfrog (Rodeo Daze). Sandy is also a friend to Patrick, although it is shown she can be very annoyed with him, although the two are still pretty good friends. She is also believed to be friends with Larry - SpongeBob is sometimes jealous and sometimes thinks Sandy likes Larry better than him.
The nature of Sandy's relationship with SpongeBob is somewhat ambiguous. SpongeBob has brought her flowers on several occasions, and her official biography describes her as being "the apple of SpongeBob's eye (the only thing under the sea he likes better than his job at the Krusty Krab)". In Tea at the Treedome amorous music plays when SpongeBob recalls Sandy's words. SpongeBob's song in Ripped Pants has romantic lyrics. Once in a clip from Random Acts of SpongeBob SpongeBob dropped Sandy a letter (with a bouquet of flowers) that called her the "smartest, prettiest squirrel in all of Bikini Bottom". It was on the Surprise Sandy Day. In Truth or Square, it shows Sandy and SpongeBob getting married in a play.
Also, a book called the SpongeBob SquarePants Survival Guide has information that suggests SpongeBob has a crush on Sandy on the page entitled How to survive a secret crush. It says that if you have a crush on someone, you have to keep it secret. SpongeBob then babbles on about him acting perfectly natural at the treedome. The chapter then ends after SpongeBob says, "I've said too much!" The book was released on November 1, 2002.
In Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, Sandy was arrested for public "nudity".
Teleporter - Enables anything, living or non-living, to be transported to any location. This invention was seen in "SquidBob TentaclePants" and went horribly wrong.
Molecular Seperator Ray - Separates the molecules of something (like the fused SpongeBob and Squidward), and in the episode "SquidBob TentaclePants" separates SpongeBob and Squidward, but then Squidward makes it combine all the surrounding creatures, including SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Pearl, etc which was a big issue!
Nut Communicator - Allows communication to a nut. SpongeBob used it in "Chimps Ahoy" and the nut said "It's dark in here." when it was speaking to SpongeBob
Nuttacino Machine - Makes "Nuttacinos" out of any nut of your choosing. Sandy demonstrates it with the nut SpongeBob communicated with, and with still having the Nut Communicator on, SpongeBob heard it die. Also seen in the episode "Chimps Ahoy".
Robot Nutcracker - A robot built to crack nuts. However, it can't do so, but it can peel bananas for the chimps.
Rocket - The complex rocket Sandy built to travel to the Moon in the episode "Sandy's Rocket". SpongeBob and Patrick went inside it.
Submarine - The subarmine Sandy shrunk to microscopic size in the episode "Squidtastic Voyage". It is very high tech.
Robot- Sandy's favorite invention from the episode What Ever Happened To SpongeBob?. It played with her until SpongeBob came and tripped and shot at it with water causing Sandy to call SB "Idiot Boy!" from anger.
The Knock-Out Ray - A spy gadget that knocks out things. She wouldn't let SpongeBob and Patrick use the other Spy Gadgets, so Patrick used it on her so he and SpongeBob could use the other gadgets on Plankton in Spy Buddies.
- Sandy's voice actor, Carolyn Lawrence who also voices Tina, also voices Cindy Vortex on the show The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, and she and Sandy both practice martial arts. However, Cindy practices tae-kwon-do, while Sandy practices karate.
- The appearance of Sandy's spacesuit changed from the first season to the second:
- The logo on the patch of Sandy's spacesuit varies between three black dots in season one, and an acorn from the second season onwards.
- In season one, Sandy did not have a tail visible through her suit but it is inside hers.
- It is revealed in the episode Patrick SmartPants that Sandy's first name is Sandra and again in Atlantis SquarePantis
- Sandy is described as the only mammal in Bikini Bottom. However, that is not accurate. Pearl Krabs is also a Mammal. Also, Craig Mammalton from the episode Sun Bleached.
- During season 4, Sandy is a scientist but in the episode Tea at the Treedome she would've known a sea creature can't live without water. Most likely, she is not a Zoologist.She was even a scientist in the Season 1 episode Sandy's Rocket.
|Address:||Bikini Bottom, Mrs. Puff's House|
Mrs. Puff is SpongeBob's driving instructor. SpongeBob "drives" her crazy. SpongeBob's nerves get the best of him when he attempts to take the driving portion of Mrs. Puff's exams, but he always passes her oral test. Mrs. Puff does not like talking about her husband, Mr. Puff, who was turned into a lamp cover. Mr. Krabs has a crush on her and occasionally goes on dates with her. She is voiced by Mary Jo Catlett. Mrs. Puff is the eighth main character of the show.
Mrs. Puff is SpongeBob's favorite boating teacher and Mrs. Puff doesn't really like SpongeBob. Mrs. Puff is one of the two well-known characters who would want to get arrested just to be away from Spongebob, the other one being Squidward. She lives in a pink house that was visited three times. She has been crushed and fell in love of Mr. Krabs. Mrs. Puff gives Mr. Krabs lots of money. In the episode Krusty Love, she gives him three bills and in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, she paid $9.00 to see the ceremony of the Krusty Krab 2. Mrs. Puff debuts in the episode Boating School from Season 1. Mrs. Puff also probably knows some Texas history because of her cameo in the episode: Texas.
Mrs. Puff visits the Krusty Krab many times. The first was in the episode: Texas and the second was Krusty Love. She loves to eat Krabby Patties with the cheese. SpongeBob becomes such a painful alarm to her that she also thought she was making SpongeBob take the boating exam, but in other words, destroying the entire city when she was having lunch. It is unknown how many students are in her class. She doesn't have the same school design all the time. She also is the most blaming target for anyone in Bikini Bottom when it comes to SpongeBob destroying the city many times.
She also is mostly found in Mrs. Puff's Boating School. In Boating School, SpongeBob failed only 39 times. In No Free Rides, SpongeBob had failed an entire trimester of destroying Bikini Bottom. In Driven to Tears, SpongeBob flunked 58 times. In the episode, Mrs. Puff, You're Fired, SpongeBob flunked more than 1,258,058 times but only as a long term gag. SpongeBob only gets F on all of his tests except when Sergent Roderick the shark comes and improves his skill, only a little bit. He still manages to fail the test that would've gotten him his license. In Boat Smarts, she shows a video how to be a good driver with SpongeBob as the bad one, and Squidward as the good one.
Mrs. Puff is also famous for her puffing up. In few times when SpongeBob hits something, Mrs. Puff pops out like a really big puffer fish and talks in a very deep manly voice for example "Oh SpongeBob, why??". Poor Mrs. Puff is also forced to receive complaining and bad attitude yelling from Fred, who is famous for yelling and complaining "MY LEG!” She also has been part of Squidward's Band in Band Geeks. Mrs. Puff has also been doomed to stay with SpongeBob for another whole year; Mrs. Puff decides to give him extra credit.
Mrs. Puff has a snail that looks just like Snellie. However, the snail is not Snellie. The snail was raised by Mrs. Puff since she was a little girl, and then the snail was stuck on top of a tree. SpongeBob rescued him as in The Sponge Who Could Fly. However, the snail is never mentioned again like Snellie. Squidward must not know about that snail.
She also wants to be a water-color artist, as seen in Mrs. Puff, You're Fired, despite the fact that she lives underwater, which means only crayons and markers are available to draw with rather than paint or watercolor underwater. She can draw pictures very real, and she can draw really fast. In No Free Rides, she was arrested and when SpongeBob gave his license back, Mrs. Puff believing she'll be in jail offers SpongeBob to be in Mrs. Flounder's class now, which SpongeBob turned down saying that the Warden said she'll let her go if she gave "Free Driving Lessons"
In Pet or Pests, she is freaked out by looking at the baby worms that SpongeBob is offering.
Mrs. Puff has yellow hair. She has numerous holes and black eyes. She always wears a small blue hat. She wears a red shirt with ties, blue bikini and shirt, and also has some boots. She also is large, but she's not fat or overweight. It's just that she's a pufferfish, but when she blows she expands. Usually, she often wears prisoner clothes because she goes to jail often. She also has blue fins.
Jailtime and CrimeEdit
Mrs. Puff has gone to Bikini Bottom Jail several times in the series. Here is the current list:
- In Hall Monitor, when SpongeBob destroyed half of Bikini Bottom, she was sentenced to jail for at least 6 months.
- In Doing Time, she got arrested for a long time because of SpongeBob.
- In No Free Rides, she'd have to spend another year with SpongeBob SquarePants, so she stole SpongeBob's new car. Then, she got arrested for crashing it into a Police Car. But the warden agrees to release her if she will give free boating lessons.
- In Ditchin, she goes back to jail and sentenced for one week for ditching jury duty.
- In Summer Job, she goes to jail for littering. She goes to jail for about 2 days.
- In Oral Report, she goes to jail for letting SpongeBob run loose without a boating license.
- In Bumper to Bumper, she goes to jail for crossing the county line, violating her parole and voiding SpongeBob's driver's license.
Mrs. Puff's Boating SchoolEdit
- main article: Mrs. Puff's Boating School
Mrs. Puff's Boating School usually has only one classroom, although it has been shown as an entire school. Mrs. Puff's classroom had at least 3 entrances, but all of them were broken when Sergeant Roderick threw 3 students through the doors without opening them. Mrs.Puff usually teaches about boating and driving and then let the students pass the exam(except for Spongebob). The school has many rules, and many students in its time. SpongeBob is the longest known student, but many other people such as Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Flats the Flounder have attended.
|Voiced By||Lori Alan|
Pearl Krabs Born on May 12, 1990 (according to release date of whale of a birthday) is Mr. Krabs grownup Whale Daughter. She loves make-up, boys, fashion, using the word "coral" (which is what Bikini Bottomites say instead of "cool"), and all the things teenaged girls love. Her favorite band is called Boys Who Cry. She is often embarrassed by her father Mr. Krabs. In one episode particularly in episode The Chaperone, SpongeBob takes her to her prom and embarrasses her. Pearl's diet is not very well known because the only time we have seen her eat or drink is in the episodes Best Frenemies when she was shown drinking a Kelp Shake and Growth Spout where she ate a lot of random foods. She is currently 22 years old as explained later.
In Whale of a Birthday she has her 16th birthday. When she doesn't get what she wants, she throws whale-sized tantrums. Luckily, SpongeBob buys her lots of presents with Mr. Krabs' credit card. Mr. Krabs rarely gives her a lot of money for her allowance, or spends money on her on her birthdays, because he is so cheap. One huge example was in Krab Borg (Episode) where Mr. Krabs had spare batteries and he was going to give them to Pearl for Christmas. Pearl is the 9th main character of the show. In the episode Bossy Boots, Pearl changed the Krusty Krab to The Kuddly Krab. The Kuddly Krab was like a teen paradise and she enjoyed being the boss until it was cutting in on her social life. Pearl lives with her dad which might mean that Pearl's parents are divorced/separated. (Mr. Krabs constantly says "Mother of Pearl" when he is surprised throughout the series).
Pearl has quite a few members of her family. Here is the known list.
- Aunt Sally
- 3 cousins
- unknown aunt (because in the episode Stanley S. Squarepants it reveals that Mr. Krabs has 3 nephews and in the episode Grandpappy the Pirate Grandpa Red Beard says To Mr. Krabs that he is his only grandson.
PersonalityEditPearl Krabs is a 22-year old, kind natured sperm whale who is often freaked and annoyed by SpongeBob, and her father, Mr. Krabs. When Pearl is upset she cries, and because she is so big, it is like a lake crashing down on other people. She is very happy when she sees famous or popular people, like the Grubby Grouper and obviously 'Boys Who Cry'. Although she is nice, she is also going through big stages of puberty. This is because she is constantly irritated, angry, annoyed and not always happy. She is always on the phone and in her room, and likes boys, showing that she is getting older and getting to the stage where she is becoming an adult. The only time we see her drinking a KelpShake is because that she is really big, and the producers or creators of SpongeBob probably would have a difficulty trying to make her eat or drink something. Pearl should eat a lot because whales eat a lot. But in Bossy Boots, it is possible that she ate a Salad. In Whale of a Birthday, she ate cake, popcorn, and drank grape soda punch (She likes that). In Squeaky Boots, she might have eaten a birthday cake, but this is not seen. The only time Pearl has ever eaten a really simple edible or portable food is the episode "Growth Spout". She only is seen eating incredible foods in Best Frenemies and Whale of a Birthday.
Teenage Pearl is a gray whale with scalp bumbs. She has blonde hair, normally worn in a ponytail. Pearl wears pink clothes with a capital 'P' in the middle, obviously meaning 'Pearl'. She has big blue eyes and she wears love heart shaped lipstick, which turns into lips whenever she kisses. Her body size is massive and her head is abnormally big. Pearl's face is also extremely large and she has perfect, white teeth. In her first appearance, Mr. Krabs bought her new shoes... which were actually just fishing boots. Pearl eventually manages to get the modern boots that all her friends have. The boots Mr.Krabs bought for her originally are sold as SpongeBob's Squeaky Boots.
As Pearl aged, she got bigger and bigger. In the following picture it shows Pearl at 3 stages: Baby, Child and Teen.
The far left image was Pearl as a baby. Pearl was small, with a big head and no lipstick whatsoever. Her body and physique was not shown in the image because cloth was wrapped around her. She had no hair at that time.
The next Middle image was Pearl as a child. Pearl was growing yellow hair and she wore a pink outfit. She had lipstick, her eyes were bigger and she was just small enough to ride a bike.
The image on the far right shows Pearl as a Teenager. Her looks were already explained earlier. She looks pretty much the same as the Child Pearl but more mature. In the Krusty Krab office, Mr. Krabs has lots of photos with Pearl before including Money Talks and Selling Out, even in Culture Shock. In The Algae's Always Greener, a fake photo with Plankton exists in the opposite world or parallel universe.
Pearl has had a few boyfriends in her first years so far on the show. In the episode: The Chaperone, Pearl went to the prom with SpongeBob. This was only because her other boyfriend: Octavius Rex (a.k.a. Long, Tan and Handsome) ditched her. She eventually got over him and she enjoyed SpongeBob's company. SpongeBob was quite annoying but she did warm up to him near the end. Other boyfriends in the series were not shown. She also liked all of her friends boyfriends but in a friend way. Pearl is also in love with Boys Who Cry. She also likes Billy Fishkins.
- Pearl has never been in Patrick's House or the Treedome. The only episodes where she has been at SpongeBob's House are Sleepy Time, Party Pooper Pants, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler and Rodeo Daze. Pearl went to party at Squidward's House in Tentacle Vision.
- Pearl only rarely eats a Krabby Patty, such as in As Seen on TV. It is implied that Pearl ate a Krabby Patty in the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and was controlled by Plankton.
- Pearl is bigger than her father at a young age.
- In the series, Pearl has never interacted with Mama Krabs, and also her great grandfather, Grandpa Redbeard, but her dad has mentioned him to her. She also hasn't interacted with her father's three little nephews which are also her cousins.
- Pearl wore the same dress for her prom seen on episode The Chaperone and on her 16th birthday seen on episode Whale of a Birthday.
- Pearl's head is bigger than her body.
- Pearl usually dislikes her father because he is very cheap and never gives her good parties.
- Pearl was born in 1992 according to this page and the fact she turned 16 in Whale of a Birthday which premiered in 2006, but The Chaperone premiered in 1999 so Pearl would be 9 in that episode, but she went to the high school prom. It's possible The Chaperone took place in 2005 or later.
- Pearl is the only so far character that has a huge head.
- Pearl is one of 3 main characters who has never been arrested.
- Mr. Krabs probably divorced with Mrs. Krabs and gain custody of their children or probably had a divorce with a whale. Or Mr. Krabs could have adopted her when she was a newborn baby. On the other hand, in Whale of a Birthday, when Squidward was nailing the "It's a girl (boy)" banner on the wall, Mr. Krabs said he had it since Pearl was born.
|Gary Wilsont Jr. the Snail|
|Address:||124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Eye Color:||Red and Black|
|Color:||Pink Shell, Blue Body|
|First appearance:||Help Wanted|
|Voiced By:||Tom Kenny, Dee Bradley Baker in his dreams|
Gary the Snail is SpongeBob's pet House Snail who is voiced by Tom Kenny. Gary can only speak in a "meow" noise, while sea worms in the show commonly bark which indicates that snails are the ocean equivalent of cats and worms are dogs. In the show, there is only one cat: Mr. Whiskers. In some episodes Gary has been known to say something other than "meow" but this is rare. Gary is the seventh main character of the show.
In Opposite Day Gary attempted to do the opposite of his stereotypes by barking like a dog.
In The Secret Box, Gary responded to SpongeBob's question with "Meow-no". SpongeBob didn't think much of it and replied "Aaw, what do you know? You're A Snail!" SpongeBob didn't recognize it as special meaning this isn't the first time Gary spoke. In The Movie, The Citizens of Bikini Bottom were chanting "All Hail Plankton", while Gary chanted monotonously "Meow Plankton".
In many episodes, it has been indicated that Gary is very intelligent, the biggest hint of which was in Sleepy Time where Gary spoke in his dream (that SpongeBob was intervening) and sounded very old and wise. He had an extensive library which is a possible metaphor for intelligence. Typically, because he is smart, he is not very athletic and constant exercise and physical work makes him tired and wheeze meaning he is a possible asthmatic. He is a domesticated house pet with similar mannerisms to a cat but also is said to be royal blood as seen in Rule of Dumb. Curiously in Rule of Dumb, it proves that Gary and Patrick are cousins, as their Fathers were brothers.
It is suggested that SpongeBob had Gary when he lived with his parents as a young boy. As seen in Gary Takes a Bath, Gary can levitate and teleport, possibly meaning that psychic powers run in the Star family, as Patrick also has psychic abilities. Gary didn't appear again after the episode: Help Wanted until the episodes, Plankton! and Boating School. Gary has been to many places including the large Bass Vegas.
Gary had a very minor role in the episode, Atlantis SquarePantis, but all of his family and relatives who were partying with him are shown. Gary was seen blowing on a happy birthday paper flute and was wearing a party hat. Gary is also a very good musician, although he wasn't part of Squidward's band in the episode, Band Geeks. In The Paper, he played Squidward's Clarinet very well, and Squidward was confused by this. In Procrastination, Gary played the trumpet. In Something Smells, Gary played the violin to make SpongeBob cry while chopping onions because SpongeBob told him to.
Gary is usually left home all alone very numerously, and it seems that he's always okay. However, in Have You Seen This Snail? he couldn't. Sometimes, he is very lonely. In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, he was left alone for probably a whole week, after the morning when Plankton was being arrested, but in Have You Seen This Snail?, he suffered hunger for 10 days and 1 night. In the episode, Clams, he was left out for 3 days, and ate the sofa.
Gary Focused EpisodesEdit
- Jellyfish Jam: Gary's eyes produce musical sound which is used to calm the jellyfish. The sound also plays a part in the symphony in the same episode.
- I Was a Teenage Gary: Gary is the main character in the beginning and middle. At the end, it belongs to SpongeSnail.
- Dumped: Gary runs away home to Patrick Star in order to get the cookie out of his pocket than be with SpongeBob.
- Gary Takes a Bath: Gary tries to escape SpongeBob's plans to get him clean exactly quick.
- The Great Snail Race: SpongeBob becomes a strict ditactor and is obsessed in winning the race trophy with Gary's body.
- Have You Seen This Snail?: Gary finds a new monster owner to get well fed. Later, he learns a lesson......
- Once Bitten: Gary is infected by Squidwárd's lousy wooden log, and bites Bikini Bottomites including SpongeBob!
- Fungus Among Us: Although Gary is not the main protagonist, he does make the solution by eating away the Ick.
- Shell Shocked: Gary's shell has broken and SpongeBob needs to find him a new one.
- Gary in Love: Gary falls in love with a snail called Mary.
Rivalry with Squidward TentaclesEdit
- In I Was a Teenage Gary, the ignorant Squidward lied to SpongeBob that he would feed Gary, who nearly died of hunger and thirst.
- In The Great Snail Race, he raced against Squidward's snail, Snellie.
- In Once Bitten, Squidward made lots and lots of Anti-Snail wooden logs. A log got inside Gary's foot and he got a splinter. Gary went out of control because the splinter or log really hurt, and bit Squidward.
- In The Thing, it is revealed that Gary attacked Squidward and nearly killed Squidward too. When Squidward turned into the thing, Gary nearly killed Squidward again.
- In Can You Spare a Dime?, Gary calls Squidward a big loser as Squidward calls him other bad names.
- In Patty Caper, when SpongeBob blames Gary for supposedly stealing the secret ingredient to the Krabby Patty, Gary describes another suspect-- Squidward, and, based on the picture Patrick had drawn of him, Gary must think Squidward is very ugly.
- Gary is vaccinated for Rabies, Snail Pox, Soft Shell Dance, Bagitis, Lumpy-Bump Trump and Teen Angst.
- In All that Glitters, it is shown that Gary has a large diamond under his shell.
- In Your Shoe's Untied, it is shown that Gary has a record player under his shell.
- In Karate Island, when SpongeBob is waxing Gary's shell, he finds his favorite novelty t-shirt that says "I love Krabby Patties" under his shell.
- In The Inside Job, it is revealed that Brain Gary lives in SpongeBob's brain.
- Gary's favorite food is Snail-Po which SpongeBob once tasted.
- Also in Your Shoe's Untied, Gary is revealed to have feet.
- Gary can say the words "Plankton","yeah!" and "No"
- Also to illustrate Gary's antagonism towards Squidward, in I Was a Teenage Gary, when SpongeBob answers the door, to Squidward, holding Gary, Gary hisses at him.
- Gary has arms as seen in Have You Seen This Snail?, The Gift of Gum, and Grooming Gary.
- In Rule of Dumb, it is revealed that Gary is the king of Bikini Bottom.
- If Patrick and Gary were cousins shouldn't Gary's last name be Star
- "Meow" (every appearance)
- "Meow Plankton" (The Movie)
- "Did you think my shell was full of hot air?" (Sleepy Time)
- "Meow-No!" (The Secret Box)
- "Woof" (Opposite Day)
- "Meow" (regalish) (Rule of Dumb)
- In Your Shoe's Untied, Gary roars like a lion once.
Other/Alter Ego Sponges, Starfish and OctopiEdit
Other/Alter Ego Crusteceans, Plankton and MammalsEdit
| No Image |
Pets, Wild Animals, and MonstersEdit
All of these characters are © Nickelodeon.